Rugby 5 is a great bet that takes the excitement of one of the world’s best-loved sports to another level.
Each Rugby 5 pool or bet comprises 5 matches, which are labelled M1 to M5.
In other words M1 = Match 1; M2 = Match 2 and so on.
In each match the home team is shown as Team A and the other as Team B.
You must predict the results of all 5 matches to win. There are 5 result options to choose from in each match:
1 = Team A to win by difference of 1 to 12 points (say 7-3, 10-9, 24-12 etc)
2 = Team A to win by difference of 13 points or more (say 19-6, 20-3, 32-6 etc)
3 = Draw
4 = Team B to win by difference of 1 to 12 points
5 = Team B to win by difference of 13 points or more
Please note that when betting you use the numbers 1 to 5 to indicate your choice or choices in each match.
You can play a single or multiple entry. With a single entry you select one result for each match and the bet costs R10.
You can choose more than one result in one or more matches. That’s a multiple or permutation entry and the cost is R10 per combination.
It’s easy to calculate the cost of a permutation entry. Say two results are selected in M1, one in M2, three in M3, two in M4 and one in M5. To get the cost, take the total number of choices made in each match and multiply them out.
That’s 2 x 1 x 3 x 2 x 1 = 12 combinations @ R10 = R120
ONLINE on this website. Click "REGISTER HERE", complete the form and SUBMIT. Your account will be opened immediately.
BY PHONE: Call 0861 444 822 to open a telephone betting account. If you live in the Eastern Cape call 041 398 5719.
WAP PHONE: SMS RUG9 to 31744 or go to www.rugby5.mobi
SMARTPHONE/TABLET: go to www.rugby5.co.za (you will be re-directed to the
view suitable for your phone/tablet)
NON-WAP: Dial *120*133*59#
There are several ways to deposit money into your TAB account, including via credit card or EFT, and it’s easy to withdraw your winnings. Once you have opened an account and logged in, click on Account to see the different options.
At least one Rugby 5 pool is held every weekend and two when possible. Bets can usually be played from the Monday before until the start of the earliest match in the pool.
The official Rugby 5 payout is declared as soon as the official results of the matches are received from the governing rugby bodies.
* In Rugby 5, the result of a match shall be the score at the end of the normal 80-minute playing period.
* Any match in a Rugby 5 pool not completed by 9am on the day after the last day on which matches in the pool were scheduled, shall be deemed abandoned and all choices shall qualify. The times at which matches are completed will be as supplied by the operator's official source, notwithstanding the operator's decision in terms of when a match has not been completed shall be final and binding. Further, the operator reserves the right to extend the time for a match to be completed if circumstances warrant and provided this does not unduly hamper the declaration of results and dividends.
* The payout for each Rugby 5 pool is calculated by dividing the number of winning entries into the pool total.
* Official Rugby 5 payouts are declared as soon as official results of all the matches are received (normally the day after the last matches in the pool).
* Results and payouts are published on this website and displayed at TABs as soon as they become available.
* For telephone betting and online or mobile account holders, winnings are automatically credited to your account and can be transferred directly into your bank account.